New Relic Reviews 2023 – New Relic is one of the largest players in the APM (Application Performance Monitoring) industry. The company was founded in 2008 and has quickly grown into a product that thousands of customers rely on every day to deliver insights about their software performance.
New Relic Mobile is one of the few products on the market tailored to helping mobile developers analyze and improve their performance times. If your business consists of a mobile app, or your mobile app is very important to your bottom line, you should consider trying out New Relic’s Mobile monitoring tool.
Although New Relic recently added Infrastructure monitoring to its suite of tools, this capability is relatively new, so we will focus primarily on the APM and Synthetics tools in this review.
Table of Contents
New Relic Reviews 2023: Improve Your Entire Stack
The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 do too. New Relic Reviews 2023
New Relic is a tool in the Performance Monitoring category of a tech stack.
New Relic is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to New Relic’s open source repository on GitHub
New Relic Pros & Cons
- Most well-known APM solution on the market.
- Many different products with different monitoring capabilities, ranging from synthetic monitoring to application performance monitoring. However, each comes priced separately so it can quickly get expensive to use all of the products.
- Many helpful tutorials to walk you through the setup process.
- New Relic’s reliance on Apdex scores carries a learning curve and can be misleading and/or meaningless to users that don’t take the time to determine what values makes sense for their applications.
- APM pricing depends on many factors, so it may be difficult to accurately estimate or predict how much you’re going to spend.
- Many parts of the product require an upgrade to a premium account, or are part of another separate product, so investing in all of the features you’ll want can get expensive.
New Relic is a Software as a Service (SaaS) tool that offers a full suite of products to help companies across ~100 countries monitor everything from their applications to their servers. The company’s flagship product is application performance monitoring (APM), which delivers insightful performance metrics from your applications, and helps you spot trends in response time and error rates. However, the company also introduced a new infrastructure monitoring product to round out its suite of monitoring tools.
The pricing for all of the products can be prohibitively expensive for smaller companies on a budget; however, some of the features are included in New Relic’s Lite offerings for free, including monitors that simply ping your website to check if it is responsive. Setting up a simple Ping monitor in New Relic Insights is as easy as entering a URL and selecting which locations to test, as well as how often to ping the site. New Relic Reviews 2023
New Relic Key Features
- Application performance monitoring
- Synthetic monitoring
Is New Relic the right software for you?
New Relic is a full-featured application performance and synthetic monitoring software that, like any complicated product, carries a learning curve.
The company has expanded beyond its flagship APM product to offer an impressive number of capabilitiess (for example, it recently added infrastructure monitoring). However, this can make it difficult to navigate across products and understand how they all work together. New Relic Reviews 2023
New Relic’s APM product is by far the strongest product in its toolset. The agent is easy to set up, and supports many popular languages and frameworks. Best of all, you will start seeing metrics populating a dashboard within minutes. If you need even more detailed visibility into your applications, you can start an X-Ray Session to start troubleshooting and optimizing your functions.
New Relic Price
- APM pricing: $9.37 to $200 per host per month (billed annually). Pricing varies depending on the number of hours each host/instance is running, the size of the host/instance, and the total number of hosts/instances.
- Synthetics pricing: $69/month.
- 14-day free trial.